Correct case back for this E861?

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Japocc

Correct case back for this E861?

Postby Japocc » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:15 am

Hi, I am new to this forum but a big vintage JLC-fan.
I am currently sourcing for a vintage Memovox E861. I have found a good example but am unsure if the caseback is correct as it is stamped 'LeCoultre' rather than Jaeger-LeCoultre which is printed on the dial and stamped on the movement. Shouldn't they all be marked with either full JLC or only LeCoultre?
Any other comments on this watch would also be much welcomed. Many thanks.
Jakob
Attachments
IMG_2152.jpg
case back

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Correct case back for this E861?

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:06 am

No, this topic is covered extensively in my book. The LeC case back is correct even for a JLC dial and movement.

Japocc

Re: Correct case back for this E861?

Postby Japocc » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 am

Thank you so much for this answer! I will also immediately put in an order for that book. :D

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”