need help

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
TPMV

need help

Postby TPMV » Wed May 10, 2017 4:59 am

Dear Forum,

I recently acquired this Jaeger Lecoultre chrono. While I can find LeCoultre (US) model information, there's little on Jaeger LeCoultre model info on the net.

From what i can tell its a Valjoux 72 movement.

Can amyone tell me more, anything on this or non-US model vintage JLT chrono is appreciate.

I am taking it into my local JLT dealer for a service before the return date dead line.

Best
Sk
Attachments
7380113_1O8A3797-1.jpg
7380104_1O8A3788-1.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: need help

Postby zafbasha » Fri May 12, 2017 4:44 pm

It's fake.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Fri May 12, 2017 4:52 pm

You can clearly see a color difference of the chronograph bridge with the rest of the movement. That movement was not born with that bridge and the dial is pure fantasy. In addition, the bridge in 99.9% of the cases is signed LeCoultre OR Jaeger. Not both.

TPMV

Postby TPMV » Wed May 17, 2017 7:57 am

Dear Zaf,
Thank you for your quick response. In any case I have already taken it into my local JLC dealer and they have send it off to Switzerland.
Once I get it back, I hope to send it back to the seller.

thanks again.
SK

TPMV

Postby TPMV » Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 am

Dear Zaf,

Thank you for your quick response. I will take it up with my seller. The watch has been send to Switzerland, they will refuse to service it as it is a fake and send it back to me.
thanks
SK

TPMV

Postby TPMV » Thu May 18, 2017 7:25 pm

zaf,

value and truth.

I look at this watch and just wish they have not messed with the name and parts. If the watch stand with out the fake name, i would be quite happy to keep it as I really like these old movements. However the truth and as a hobbiest, my watch value is in the time I invested into this hobby. Knowing the watch is a fake kind of make me think of all those hobbiest out there who have to wade through a mine field of fakes. Heads up towards the next watch.

thanks for your help pnce again.

yours a-little-wiser
SK

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:19 am

It's definitely fake. I have no doubts about it.

The problem with sending to the factory, is a) They'll charge you 2000 Euros b) They're not necessarily capable of telling their vintage watches are fake or not.

So you maybe be out 2000 Euros AND still have a fake.

It's sad but that's how it is.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”