Looking for help identifying the model and year

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Brobsanity

Looking for help identifying the model and year

Postby Brobsanity » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi, looking for help identifying a recent gift I received. It is a genuine Jaeger, for those that want to say it is fake. It's currently in a shop because I broke the crystal amongst other things, which will be about $300 they said. Haven't spoken with a watchmaker yet because of my busy work schedule. But if someone on here has any idea as to the model and info on it, that would be amazing!
Thanks so much.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-03-19-55-36.png
Screenshot_2017-01-03-19-59-50.png
Screenshot_2017-01-03-20-00-09.png

Ilja

Re: Looking for help identifying the model and year

Postby Ilja » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:21 am

Sorry but it's a fake watch - no doubt at all.

Brobsanity

Postby Brobsanity » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 am

Well let me give you some doubt then. It is genuine, sorry to disappoint you. And according to the watch shop and the watch maker I've given to at the moment to fix, it's gonna cost me $300 to fix the face.... So, with that said, I highly highly doubt a renowned watch shop would charge me $300 to do a simple fix and say "wow you have a very nice watch", unless it was the real thing...
The second hand moves like a JLC hand does, the weight is heavy and real, it only works and spins up when it's on me or recently taken off, every detail is flawless, has the JLC specific numbered serial code, and has all the markings of a JLC not to mention the materials it's made with are not by any means average or anywhere near average. So start over if you're going to say it's fake, and give a very detailed description as to why. The pictures honestly are terrible and don't do it justice, but for now it's in the shop until I can retrieve it after work one day.

Brobsanity

Postby Brobsanity » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 am

I'll have to take some more pictures when I get it back. But according to what I've read online comparing fake and genuine jlc, this has all the markings of a genuine jlc, not too mention a watchmaker has already given me a $300 estimate just to fix the face, which would be as much or more than what a fake would cost, and also mentioned how amazing it was.....
So if you're a real jlc owner or savant that has knowledge of this custom watch, please contact me. Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-03-19-57-18.png
Screenshot_2017-01-03-19-57-11.png

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:07 pm

The watch is fake. If your watch "repairman" is telling you otherwise, it's time to find a new watch repair facility.

It's not even close, clearly Chinese with a Chinese made movement.

Brobsanity

Postby Brobsanity » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Actually a renowned local watch maker... So yeah. And the furthest thing from Chinese. The movement has everything jlc I've read and compared everything I've come across. Clearly you haven't seen every jlc watch or now how to properly identity one. I'm literally telling you you are wrong. But that's besides the point. I'm looking for info not just people saying fake and giving no details to back it up. If you truly believe it's fake then ask me some questions about it that would separate it from real and fake, and I'll respond as accurately as possible

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Are you coming here for advise from people that know what they're talking about are trying to promote some Chinese garbage?

If you know the answer to your questions, then why even bother?

Brobsanity

Postby Brobsanity » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:41 pm

The question of whether it's genuine or not was never my question, because I already know the answer and literally just left another watchmaker shop where they confirmed it's very much real and plan to give me an appraisal. My question was what model and year it is.
If it's a fake then it's the world's best fake ever made. If you can't identify then don't post or reply.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Here is the same fake case reference in a manual wind Chinese made watch:

https://uhrforum.de/unbekannte-jaeger-lecoultre-t249698

They're both fake.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Well, this is my forum, I can post whatever I want.

Having written a book on Jaeger-LeCoultre and a student of the brand for 30 years, I can tell you with NO DOUBT your watch is fake.

I'll close the thread now as it is not productive. Thanks for visiting.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”