Montauk Watch

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Bill194551

Montauk Watch

Post by Bill194551 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:27 pm

I have an old Montauk watch, it is stamped Swiss --- Montauk Watch Co 15 Jewel and the only # I can see is 3Ad* the last number or letter could be a D or M is difficult for me to even guess- Case is Fortune Gold filled Serial 1756835
I can't seem to find any info on it. Would appreciate any help as far as age and apron. value. We are going to keep it as it was a part of mother inlays estate. We would like to have it working but does not have to be for sentimental value.
Thanks for any help.
I have pictures but they do will not load as jpg. Any suggestions?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Montauk Watch

Post by zafbasha » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:13 am

Your watch sounds like a generic Swiss watch, with a generic brand name. There are 100s of such names, so the value will be dependent on the case metal and the maker of the movement.

But....what does this have to do with Jaeger-LeCoultre?