Bulova A-15

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Chris

Bulova A-15

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:52 am

Have had this Bulova A-15 for many years and have lost track of its value. It has the correct movement, military markings on the case back and the rotating hour and seconds functions work correctly. The movement is correct for this watch and keeps good time. Hope I uploaded the picture properly!
Attachments
Bulova A-15.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Bulova A-15

Post by zafbasha » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Very tricky valuation on that watch. You rarely see them. I think if it's "cohesive" i.e the military marking are legit and the movement serial matches those markings then it's worth quite a bit. They've been hard to authenticate as I've never seen an A-15 spec.

Just haven't had one in ages to give you a current valuation.

Chris

Re: Bulova A-15

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:57 am

The markings and movement are correct for the watch, however, the crowns appear to be replacements. The few of these I have seen seem to have the chrome over brass crowns as used on the late war Bulova A-11s. Maybe I will try the folks over on MWR to see if anyone has a view on how this A-15 is valued these days. Thanks