Vintage ladies Eska 17j manual wind

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Yuda

Vintage ladies Eska 17j manual wind

Post by Yuda » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 am

Hi,
Below are some photos of a vintage Eska watch I recently acquired. I have had it serviced and it's running well. It came with the tag attached and is apparently "new old stock". I'm interested in knowing when it was made (approximate) and a value (approximate) for it. The jeweler who serviced it thinks it's from the 20's or 30's based on the curved crystal and style. I believe the case and band are stainless with rhinestones around the face and on the buckle, a few of them are dark because the foil back has deteriorated but they are all there. There are no marks on the case or the back.

Thanks!
s-l1601.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Vintage ladies Eska 17j manual wind

Post by zafbasha » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 am

I think it's a 1940s watch, maybe even early 1950s.

Value is not high, since it's not gold.

Yuda

Post by Yuda » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Just curious, but what is the top end of "not much"? A couple hundred-ish?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Maybe $150 in a ideal circumstance. You might was to see what the case is made of. With any luck it's gold.