1930s doxa pocket alarm clock value?

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Zshepard57

1930s doxa pocket alarm clock value?

Post by Zshepard57 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:45 pm

I have a doxa pocket alarm clock. Or so it seems from the research I've done. I would like to know a approximate value on it if at all possible. On the back it says 'gold electroplated 20 microns SAD 49 001 31 275542' I believe the last number is 2 anyway. It is square. Has a fold out stand on the back that when combined with the wind and adjustment knobs becomes a stand. 810 is stamped on the inside of the stand and 915 on the inside of the front cover. I haven't removed the back as I am afraid of damaging the watch. I would say it is in near mint condition. I am unable to upload pics but if you go to www.vrapce.mk/ad/3697 you will see what it looks like. I have been unable to get any idea of it's value after many hours of digging. The watch on the website above is the only one like it I've seen. Maybe his evaluation of "extremely rare" is correct!! PLEASE HELP!! Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: 1930s doxa pocket alarm clock value?

Post by zafbasha » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am

It won't be a lot, it's an electro plated case after all. It has the characteristics of a 1960s piece, not 1930s.