Value of a vintage Lucien Piccard ladies watch

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Stoutcat

Value of a vintage Lucien Piccard ladies watch

Post by Stoutcat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:07 pm

I recently got this pretty ladies watch at an online auction. Name on it is Lucien Piccard. I paid $40 to get it working, but the face and the detailing have not been cleaned. Trying to figure out if it's worth anything.

Size:
1.6 cm side to side, including winding stem
3 cm top to bottom

Crystal is very pretty, looks like the glass is cut in a scallop pattern on the inside. Face is a bit dirty. Numbers and hour markers are possibly white gold?

Back says:
LUCIEN PICCARD
14 K GOLD
L1952

Brand name LUCIEN PICCARD is in all caps, with a curving line and an owl-face-like logo to the left of the "L".

Winding stem says LUCIEN PICCARD at the end of a spiral curve.

Band is a silvertone stretchy Speidel. Sorry about the crappy photos.

Stoutcat

Re: Value of a vintage Lucien Piccard ladies watch

Post by Stoutcat » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Photos did not attach. Trying link to Photobucket.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Value of a vintage Lucien Piccard ladies watch

Post by zafbasha » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:03 am

The small ladies "cocktail" style watches are out of favor now given their size. They're hard to read.

So with little demand, it's priced at near scrap. So $40 is OK, but I wouldn't spend a ton of money on it getting it restored further.