Le Coultre Wrist Alarm

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
vincereynard

Le Coultre Wrist Alarm

Post by vincereynard » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Mr Basha,

Whilst awaiting my copy of your book, I have started to look for suitable Memovox examples.

Could you give your opinion of the attached. To me the "lum" looks a bit strange on the hands.

As it is just "LeCountre" does that indicate an American cased version?

The seller is asking $1450.

Thanks
jaeger-lecoultre-memovox.jpg
memo1_zpsczng6683.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Le Coultre Wrist Alarm

Post by zafbasha » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:03 pm

They frequently did that re: the lume, so it's OK. It's definitely a USA market watch.

If it's really pristine and all original $1450 is OK, perhaps still a little high, any condition issues subtract vigorously from there.

vincereynard

Post by vincereynard » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:09 am

Zaf,

Thank you for the response.

It does look very clean except for the stainless ring around the alarm dial. Somewhat eccentric to put the lum. dots on the odd numbers.

If I assume around $1200 for a manual / +50% (?) for an auto and double for 18K I would not be far out?

Are there any differences in value between the 50's wrist alarms and the later Memovox ?

Thanks for your patience!

Vince

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 am

For USA market watches you're in the right ball park. The gold ones are usually 14k in the US though.