Vintage Breitling Unitime 1765

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
nmvw

Vintage Breitling Unitime 1765

Post by nmvw » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi Zaf,

I had my Breiting Unitime 1765 fully overhauled, repaired and serviced by Horological Services in PA last year.

They replaced the dial with a NOS and the mainspring was also replaced. The hands were vintage relumed and the case was refinished as per original

What's the value of it now?

-Thanks
Attachments
IMG_2793_zps2gbxi6fz.jpg
IMG_2794_zpsxwklptis.jpg
IMG_2799_zps0jmackwb.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Breitling Unitime 1765

Post by zafbasha » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:17 am

If it have a NOS dial, service, etc. maybe around $6000? What are your thoughts?

nmvw

Post by nmvw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:50 pm

That's the ball park figure I was thinking of too but I wasn't sure because in my years of tracking this watch, I had only come across watches that were more "original" than this, condition-wise.

I didn't know how much the overhaul and replaced parts would affect the value of the watch.

Good to know. Thanks!

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 pm

I think an NOS dial always increases value. A case polish usually decreases it unless there was some real nasty scratch. Nicely lumed hands are a wash.

nmvw

Post by nmvw » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Thanks Zaf. I wasn't sure if a NOS dial actually increased or decreased the value since I know how prized original dials are.