Wakmann -17 Jewel - IncaBloc Chronograph

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
fonabolla

Wakmann -17 Jewel - IncaBloc Chronograph

Post by fonabolla » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am

I received this watch when my dad passed and after some research I think it might be a nice piece and worth something. Any information or assistance would be appreciated. The pics attached are how I received it, it has not been professionally cleaned yet. All functions work it is a manual wind watch I believe from the early 1970s.
Attachments
Wakmann - Vollkalender-Chronograph Valjoux 72C730 - 725 1311.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Wakmann -17 Jewel - IncaBloc Chronograph

Post by zafbasha » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:03 am

Hi, it's the electroplated top version, so worth less than solid metals, I'd estimate it around $1500-2000 in a sale to a collector assuming good condition and only minor wear through on the plating.

fonabolla

Post by fonabolla » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you very much for the information.

RogInVA

Post by RogInVA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Prices on these vintage chronos are increasing, so I’d estimate a price closer to the $2k upper limit for this example.