Memovox valuation

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
richardcoop

Memovox valuation

Post by richardcoop » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi, looking for some advice on a memovox that I acquired a number of years ago. I am sad to say, that I have never actually worn it as I am a massive lover of vintage steel Rolex. Even though it’s a very beautiful thing, the time has come to let go of a few of my none worn items. The watch looks to be in great condition and keeps excellent time. It is the 37mm steel version and the number on the case is 1009126. The movement number is 1740279 (that’s according to the document I received with the watch).
As I know very little about vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre memovox’s, I was looking for a little advice. Firstly, could anyone give me some information into what I actually have. Secondly, what would be a fair price to ask. Thirdly, where is the best place to advertise/sell it (not keen on eBay fees).
Hopefully, I haven’t breached any of the forum rules by asking for help. If I have, obviously, I will remove the post.<br/>
Richard
Attachments
489C176D-D38E-4C5E-98CD-65C92179B2EA.jpeg

richardcoop

Re: Memovox valuation

Post by richardcoop » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Another photo
Attachments
EE6CD64B-DFA5-4A8A-8982-4841E7422A44.jpeg

richardcoop

Post by richardcoop » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 pm

The document that came with the watch

richardcoop

Post by richardcoop » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Document
Attachments
image.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:24 pm

You have a reference E855 with movement caliber K825. Date to about 1967. Value is around $3000 but it may be hard to sell with the mismatched crowns, so it could go for less, hard to say.

richardcoop

Post by richardcoop » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Zaf, thanks for the reply and info. Couple of other things I would like to find out.
Is this model referred to as the “bumper movement”?
Are you supposed to be able to feel like the movement is loose when you wear it?
Would it be worth trying to find a JLC crown to replace the non matching?
Thanks in advance
Richard