Citizen 21J Japan very old and need some help!

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
peterguz

Citizen 21J Japan very old and need some help!

Post by peterguz » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I joined here to find out if anyone had an idea of how much this watch is worth. It was given to me (i'm not looking to sell it) and its going to run about 120$ to get it up and ticking again. Wondering if its worth it.

The watch band is in near new condition. The watch itself is not working, but stainless steel casing shows little wear.

front reads: citizen automatic, 21 jewels
back: 4-062698SMK, 90100511, 51-8131, Japan

First thing the watch repairman said was 'how did you get this? Your not old enough to have bought this." haha (I am 22)

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
Peter

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Citizen 21J Japan very old and need some help!

Post by zafbasha » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:08 am

Sorry, no idea without a photo. Most citizens are not collectible.