Turler Ladies Watch - Platinum/Diamond Band

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Timmer

Turler Ladies Watch - Platinum/Diamond Band

Post by Timmer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Hoping I can get some help on this one.
I inherited a ladies Turler wristwatch of unknown vintage. I have virtually no information on this watch and was hoping to get some help from the experts.
The watch has "Turler" on the dial. It is non functioning and I don't want to try to wind it and take any chances of harming it by doing so.
The band is maked 900/1000 Platinum and is fully set with what appear to be eye clean diamonds.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Turler Watch 004.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Turler Ladies Watch - Platinum/Diamond Band

Post by zafbasha » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Without more info on who made the movement (you'd need to open it for that) the value is that of the platinum and stones, better assessed by a jeweler than me.

Timmer

Post by Timmer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

OK. Thanks so much for your help. I opened the back and the dial and entire mechanism are attached to it. I'll see if I can take it to a jeweler for more assistance.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:29 am

Have the jeweler assess the metal + diamond value and you'd have a good baseline. Not an "appraisal" but a "scrap value" assessment.