Can You Give Me Any Information About This Vintage Longines Watch?

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
thawk5571

Can You Give Me Any Information About This Vintage Longines Watch?

Post by thawk5571 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:10 am

Hi Zaf, I'm new to the board. Thanks for letting me join. I have a vintage Longines Admiral 5 Star watch that belonged to my grandfather. He passed away in 1982. I'm sure the watch is older than that. From my research I think it is a mid 70's model. The diameter is 35 mm and it is 44 mm from lug tip to lug tip. I think it is gold because it is all one tone and shows no fading or bare metal. The Longines emblem is on the crown. It is in very good condition, barely worn. It keeps accurate time and runs like a charm. Any info and an approximate value would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your expertise. :)
lBn7GWmyLR748vC-0M0Yx_g39L3e8RS0bCW6H8UwxoE=.jpg
W_P-8AW5vUlZzrglxtrjqK0Gya-Em74ZYpR1s1ZmJMA=.jpg
5fQYAiuAkj_KPvC-8MZrWEMwX3eGJY0cmDFybfOcrD0=.jpg

thawk5571

Re: Can You Give Me Any Information About This Vintage Longines Watch?

Post by thawk5571 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Here are a few more pictures.
EZxug8We5wYOy2MrK84WNhM5XZFoPoWqImCUuzkQ-nE=.jpg
5fQYAiuAkj_KPvC-8MZrWEMwX3eGJY0cmDFybfOcrD0= (1).jpg
EZxug8We5wYOy2MrK84WNhM5XZFoPoWqImCUuzkQ-nE=.jpg