Jaeger-LeCoultre Gold Wristwach

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Kris

Jaeger-LeCoultre Gold Wristwach

Post by Kris » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi,
I have this Jaeger-Lecoultre automatic gold wristwatch with date display at 3. The shape is hexagonal and measures 35mmx32mm with a 5mm thickness.
The watch was probably manufactured on or before 1977 as it used to belong to my uncle who received it as a retirement gift in 1977.
There are 2 sets of numbers engraved on the back of the watch as follow but I don't know what they mean.

I would like to find out more about it, model (is it a Master with date), type of mouvement calibre etc..

Season's Greetings to you all

Kris
Attachments
Jaeger-LeCoultre.jpg

TimeToGo

Re: Jaeger-LeCoultre Gold Wristwach

Post by TimeToGo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:41 pm

I searched the 5000.21 and that is the reference number. You will find a bit of them on the net but not with the black dial.
Looks great - congrats!
The other number should be serial number.
I am no expert here but have learned the basics.
If you had the watch opened, did you take a picture of the movement?
Good luck with your search..

The listings below shows the Cal as 900

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AUTOMATIC- ... 1915053314

http://www.chrono24.ca/jaegerlecoultre/ ... 941871.htm

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Jaeger-LeCoultre Gold Wristwach

Post by zafbasha » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:14 am

Yes, in general, for that era, the number that is separated by "periods" is the reference number. The first being the case reference and generally the second being the metal composition and color. So the ".21" is probably yellow gold in this example and 5000 is the case reference.