LeCoultre Bumper Automatic 18K

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
TimeToGo

LeCoultre Bumper Automatic 18K

Post by TimeToGo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:23 am

Merry Christmas !

I recently picked up an 18K LeCoultre that I am having difficulty finding information on. It is an early Bumper automatic with 476/2 movement.

Luckily in this forum I found the thread below (Early bumper automatic) with the pictures nearly identical except that mine also has "Automatic" written below LeCoultre on the dial.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=678&p=1132&hilit=bu ... atic#p1132

I am having trouble finding out what the reference numbers mean inside the caseback.

There are two sets of numbers.
386 C 307
131xxx (which I believe is the serial ?!)

Here is a wrist shot:
Attachments
lc.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: LeCoultre Bumper Automatic 18K

Post by zafbasha » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:38 am

I'm not sure what that is either...if you could maybe provide a photo of the inside of the case back. Thanks.

TimeToGo

Re: LeCoultre Bumper Automatic 18K

Post by TimeToGo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:55 am

Not the best of pic but here it is..
I appreciate your help.
Attachments
jlcb.JPG