Jaeger-LeCoultre Gubelin

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Porsena

Jaeger-LeCoultre Gubelin

Post by Porsena » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:55 am

I was advised that this place would be the font of all knowledge on a Reverso I have. I am almost certain it is real but am confused by iT. Please tell me what you can as the dial love loooks newish to me but staybrite is for older watches, also the movement is stamped Gubelin. Wondering why a Jaeger-LeCoultre watch would stamp it's movement with the retailer name, could it be a franken? And if yes would the value be hit? Mostly though I would like to know the year and if it is real.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
WP_20150422_21_39_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_21_38_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20150424_22_21_52_Pro~2.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Jaeger-LeCoultre Gubelin

Post by zafbasha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:56 am

Hi, it's not a Reverso as those have a case that flips recto-verso.

For a watch with a Gubelin signed movement, I'd expect a Gubelin dial as well. Yours appears to have a dial refinished as a Jaeger-LeCoultre dial.

It's not the end of the world, but it's not original to the watch.

Porsena

Post by Porsena » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Thank you. So I assume minimal value?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:34 am

No it's still a decent watch, it's will be priced as a refinished dial. not an original dial, which is anywhere from 20-40% less.

Porsena

Post by Porsena » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:09 am

Oh I did not expect that. If selling then what could I consider a fair price for it? Thanks in any case.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Post by zafbasha » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Maybe try to get $800 and settle for less.