LeCoultre watch - model unknown

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
cnagus

LeCoultre watch - model unknown

Post by cnagus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Thank you for having me as a guest to your fascinating site! I have a men's LeCoultre that I purchased from a jeweler approx. 30 years ago, and am curious about model name, date of manufacture, and anything else pertinent. I do not wish to sell it at this time, as I have 2 grown sons that would (maybe) appreciate it. I had a watchmaker in Boulder, Co. open it and read me the info. Here are all of the details I know:
Serial #294549
Case #32103
17 jewel Swiss movement
14K gold case
"LWW" I assume LeCoultre Watch Co.
It is manual winding, and is working fine
In very good condition, minor scratches and wear.
Face is approx. 5/8" wide x 13/16" high
Case is approx. 3/4" wide x 1 1/2" high

Any help is appreciated! I also have a vintage Bulova wrist watch, Waltham wrist watch, and Hamilton pocket watch I would be interested in learning more about.
Thanks,
Craig
Attachments
LeCoultre (3).JPG
LeCoultre (2).JPG
LeCoultre (1).JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: LeCoultre watch - model unknown

Post by zafbasha » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:14 am

In collector circles this watch would trade in the $700-800 range. I don't have any info on the model, but from the serial it dates to approximately 1943-44.