"Tymes" vintage watch?

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
fv22

"Tymes" vintage watch?

Post by fv22 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Hello,
New here and trying to find out about this watch. It was given to my father around 75+/- years ago Say's "Tymes 17 Jewels" on the face and what appears to be "14 W.C.C." on the back. I have searched online for any info regarding Tymes watches and have not found anything. Please help as I would like to know more about the watch. It really has me curious since this is the first online search I ever did that gave me no info.

Works perfectly, think its a gold case but not sure. I do not have the watch here to get dimensions (it is with my mother) but is relatively small such as for a child or woman. In generally good condition with few light scratches only, do have pictures which I will attach. Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you!
Bob

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: "Tymes" vintage watch?

Post by zafbasha » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am

It looks like 14k, you'd need to open it to confirm. It's a generic watch, maybe a jeweler name or a dept, store or something. It's not worth a whole lot more than scrap even though it may have sentimental value.

fv22

Re: "Tymes" vintage watch?

Post by fv22 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. Thought it was strange I could not find anything about the name, didn't think about generic branding.