Cal 449, 18 ct. Rose Gold

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
octavian

Cal 449, 18 ct. Rose Gold

Post by octavian » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:54 am

OK Zaf and other JLC fans… Although I don’t really plan on selling in the near future, now I’m curious regarding an appraisal. The watch is in the Vintage JLC Forum; Cal. 449 18 ct. Rose Gold. The dial is in all probability refinished (see comments in Forum). Caliber P449/3 Cbr. Movement Nr. 490xxx, CaseNr.: 452230 Size: 35mm.without crown. The Movement is very clean and is running exceptionally well. Overall condition: near mint. What do you think the current market value would be?
JLC Cal.449 RoseGold B.JPG
JLC Cal.449 RoseGold E.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Cal 449, 18 ct. Rose Gold

Post by zafbasha » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 pm

For a collector the dial refinish hurts the value, but maybe not so much for a more casual person that just wants a nice watch. I'd say in my circles it's worth around $1000 - $1400.