Valjoux 7733 hands?

Answering questions regarding the repair and maintenance of vintage watches.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items or services for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
James D

Valjoux 7733 hands?

Post by James D » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 am

I'm trying to put together a Frankenwatch using the Valjoux/ETA 7733 movement from an old Bulova diver and a new generic "Type 20" style case.
Unfortunately I need some suitably styled hands and I'm having a hard time finding out what will fit. Did the size (lignes) of the hands differ on different years of these movements? Is it possible to find out what i need from a reference anywhere?
I could use the hands from the Bulova, but they don't really look the part and I did have some hands with the new case, but two of them have vanished.
Thanks for any help.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Valjoux 7733 hands?

Post by zafbasha » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:26 am

I'd try www.JulesBorel.com first. They may have enough reference info to see what the post size is for that movement.

DanielTorJJ

Valjoux 7733 hands

Post by DanielTorJJ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:40 am

I will be sending my Memovox E855 in to Zaf soon for restoration. The hands have some corrosion on them. Does anyone have a source on NOS hands or non-corroded hands from another watch?

Thanks