What should I offer?

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
davec

What should I offer?

Postby davec » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 am

My grandfather recently passed away, and amongst the small items shared between the family was a Mark11 Jlc watch which was left to my father.

My predicament is that he is looking to sell the watch, and I would like keep in within the family so looking at the possibility of purchasing it myself, as a long term sentimental investment. My problem is that I have no idea what kind of value to put against the watch 1 - to be a sensible offer, and 2 - to be a sensible investment.

The watch does have some running issues, and my dad and Zaf have been in discussions about it. Zaf is clearly the right person to give it a home, although if I was to purchase it, he is also the right person to restore it to its working condition.

Either way, its a tough decision, and any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: What should I offer?

Postby zafbasha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi Dave, I made an offer to your dad. So ... that's sort of a starting point? I understand the repair guys in the UK sort of botched it, and the hack arm is and retaining screw is now missing! It's a very rare part. Unbelievable! Anyway, your dad is all up to date on all this. I can fix it no problem and properly this time, whenever you guys are ready or buy it outright. Whatever you want to do.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”