Vintage Memovox worldtimers

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
mtpleasant

Vintage Memovox worldtimers

Postby mtpleasant » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Ok, I know this is a somewhat tired topic, but I would like to try and confirm a couple things pertaining to vintage memovox.

1) was there ever an automatic memovox worldtimer? Or were they all manual?

2) wouldn't all the jaeger lecoultre branded models (e.g. EU models) have the alarm indicator pointing to London or Geneva? Rather than the lecoultre branded models that point to nyc?

Thank you all! Confirming either of these could make it pretty easy to spot the numerous fakes out there. Also, just got a copy of Zaf's book, very happy customer!

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Memovox worldtimers

Postby zafbasha » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:12 am

The only model I was able to confirm existed is the manual one documented in the book. I have not been able to formally confirm the existence of the automatic one, though they were probably made. So with that in mind, since the disks exist as loose parts for a few hundred dollars, I would not more than that in addition to the price of a normal E855.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”