JLC Triple Date - unusual dial

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
daniel5050

JLC Triple Date - unusual dial

Postby daniel5050 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi Zaf,

I found two different triple date examples with the same dial configuration that you show on p. 61 of your book, although all three are slightly different (hand configurations are all different, and the two examples I'm showing here don't have the "fabrique en suisse" text, while the one on p. 61 does). I haven't seen a ton of examples with this particular dial, so was curious - do you have a point of view on which of these three is the "original" configuration?

Thank you!
Attachments
JLC triple date both.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC Triple Date - unusual dial

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by "original" configuration?

The Fab. Suisse dials are usually for watches sold in France.

To me the bottom example you show has the wrong hour and minute hands.

daniel5050

Re: JLC Triple Date - unusual dial

Postby daniel5050 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Thanks Zaf, believe you just answered it. Separate from the fabrique en suisse question, which I now understand, I was asking which hands were correct for this dial - the dauphin hands , syringe or the example on p. 61 of your book (I'm honestly not sure what they're called).

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”