Memovox, first time post and asking for advice already!

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Delabonner

Memovox, first time post and asking for advice already!

Postby Delabonner » Sun May 24, 2020 9:36 am

Hi,

Best start with a double apology, one for asking for advice on my first post and the second in case these are dumb questions.

I'll keep it brief, my knowledge is limited hence theses questions. I am looking to purchase this Memovox cal 825 (listed as 1962) are the crowns correct (compared to other Memovox's I've seen these appear domed as opposed to curved) and secondly, possibly too hard to tell with this photo but do you think the hands have been relumed and if so do you consider this an issue?

I think I can only post one photo, so thanks for any advice and totally understand if this post is completely ignored.
Attachments
JLC-memovox.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Memovox, first time post and asking for advice already!

Postby zafbasha » Sun May 24, 2020 11:15 am

The crowns are not for that model, they should be flatter as you've noticed.

The hands have probably been redone, but you can always correct the tone to match the dial so it's not a big deal.

ZaF

Delabonner

Postby Delabonner » Sun May 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Hi Zaf,

Thanks very much for the reply and advice. The online retailer selling the watch have it listed as having the original crowns and are asking 4,395 dollars so once again thank you.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 am

Check my stock, I have a slightly later one with original crowns, a JLC strap and buckle for $700 less.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”