Jaeger LeCoultre Crowns - Original signed or not

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
harse

Jaeger LeCoultre Crowns - Original signed or not

Postby harse » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:55 am

Hi,
I'm an alarm watch collector from Germany and have some (Jaeger) LeCoultre watches in my collection. I've got a quite untouched or slightly used Jumbo bumper automatic Memovox Cal. 815. The crowns are unsigned, but match the watch. The date of produce might be in the 1950th (1956 was the start of this watch). Another Memovox 814 has the "LeC" crowns and it is clearly dated with an inscription to 1.14.1962. A Memovox Parking with the 814 movement has unsigned crowns, too.

So do you know, when JLC has started to use signed crowns on their (alarm) watches?

I don't store pics at servers but have a couple of little video clips on youtube of my watches, so here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qMbHqsVJjE

Have a nice day!

Andreas

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Jaeger LeCoultre Crowns - Original signed or not

Postby zafbasha » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:45 pm

The earlier Caliber 815 watches did not have signed crowns. However, in my opinion the crowns on your watch have been replaced as they do not fit the style I'm expecting. The originals are a simple low dome shape.

harse

Postby harse » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:27 pm

Hello Zaf,

thank you for your fast answer. I think you are right!

Is there any interest of showing some rare Memovox watches (cal. 601 alarm hand, cal. 825 Lapis dial, Parking)?

Regards

Andreas

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Sure if you want to post pics of your collection, feel free.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”