Real or not, "luftwaffe" / "wehrmacht"

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
epicurus

Real or not, "luftwaffe" / "wehrmacht"

Postby epicurus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I would love some help or second opinions about this..

I'm a beginner in this vintage field but really hooked on this JLC WWII model, often referred to as "luftwaffe" or "wehrmacht".

I guess I don't know enough about the original versions but as far as I can tell more details than the crown differ and I'm not sure if this is a bad deal or not. I'm also interested in any information you can give me about the model.

Four pictures below, original or fake?

Thanks!
Attachments
$_57-4.JPG
$_57-3.JPG
$_57.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Real or not, "luftwaffe" / "wehrmacht"

Postby zafbasha » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi, while it looks similar, it's not that model. The Luftwaffe model has a MUCH earlier movement serial number and the case is different. I'm not convinced what you are showing is a JLC case. How is stamped on the insides?

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”