Jaeger cal. 285 18ct 'hunter case'

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
TBW

Jaeger cal. 285 18ct 'hunter case'

Postby TBW » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi all!

I have been a long time watchcollector and lurker. Really loving all the knowledge spread here.
So I bought this Jaeger 1930's chronograph this weekend from the family of the first owner. I know the Jaeger Chronographs with 285 calibre are pretty rare, gold cases are a bit rarer and black dials are even more rare.
But the real cool thing about this watch is that it has a 'hunter' case, the caseback and 'bezel' with crystal are foldable by hand. Has anybody seen one like this? I took these pictures from the watch how I found it. It will need a service.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Jaeger cal. 285 18ct 'hunter case'

Postby zafbasha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Good looking watch. The caliber 285 is actually made by Universal Genève, not that rare. But you're right the black dial and hinged case is pretty unusual.

If you need a service, we can perform, no problem. We've done many.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”