JLC (Cartier) triple calendar

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
northerner

JLC (Cartier) triple calendar

Postby northerner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am

I was wondering if I could ask for the expert opinion on this Cartier that is clearly a JLC triple calendar manufactured for Cartier.
What I wonder is the approximate date of manufacture and if the extra four digit numbers on the case back (inside and outside) can be traced to JLC or if they are related to Carters own numbering system.

I believe the dial to be unrestored original, but would love to have it confirmed/refuted.

Thanks!!

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC (Cartier) triple calendar

Postby zafbasha » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:23 pm

These are always hard to definitively authenticate, but my gut feeling is that it is real.

northerner

Postby northerner » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:44 am

Thank you, Zaf!

Are they often counterfeited? I would greatly appreciate your input as information about vintage Cartier is so hard to come by.

I did find a couple of ads from the period for Cartier triple calendars, they existed in two sizes and in steel as well as in precious metals with some variation the dials.

Can I rely the serial number/date of manufacture info from your book to date this watch? It’s a 511xxx serial - 1946-47?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:57 am

They are counterfeited, but yours to my eyes, looks right. The serial # should be accurate.

northerner

Postby northerner » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 am

Thank you for all the help Zaf. Here is better foto (for future reference?)

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Looks good!

gatorcpa

Postby gatorcpa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Here is a page from an original JLC catalog that shows the case reference.

This looks like the Ref. 2723 in steel. I did some research on the watch because I was interested in acquiring it when it was listed on eBay.

Hope you got it!
gatorcpa
Attachments
triplecalendarcatalog.jpg

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”