LeCoultre Reverso - help me identify

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
golo

LeCoultre Reverso - help me identify

Postby golo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:39 am

I need help to identify the age of this watch. Could anyone tell me if it's an american or european one. When it was build ?
Thank You very much for help !
Attachments
reverso  010.JPG
reverso  009.JPG
reverso  008.JPG

Ilja

Re: LeCoultre Reverso - help me identify

Postby Ilja » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:42 pm

There were no US market Reverso watches, the patent was shared with Hamiltion to serve the north american market.
The gap between case serial and movement serial seems a bit too wide, movement was produced about 1935/36.

golo

Postby golo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Thank You very much for fast answer ! The movement and the case doesn't match ??
So about what year could the case be ? Is it older or younger than movement ?
Kind regards !

Ilja

Postby Ilja » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 pm

I would date the case a bit older like 1932/33 but there is no tracking data, just educated guessing.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”