Please help ID a potential Jaeger-LeCoultre movement

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
dayryad

Please help ID a potential Jaeger-LeCoultre movement

Postby dayryad » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:01 am

Based on design and balance bridge I think that it might be a Jaeger-LeCoultre; if yes, please help me find the caliber.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Please help ID a potential Jaeger-LeCoultre movement

Postby zafbasha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:04 am

I do not see what that could be. There are some minor resemblances to the JLC Caliber 208, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

dayryad

Re: Please help ID a potential Jaeger-LeCoultre movement

Postby dayryad » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:46 am

Thank you for your answer; Yes it seems like but sure it is not cal.208. This one has a oval with 4500 stamped inside near the balance bridge (never saw this type of marking on JLC). On the other hand, it was not unusual for english manufacturers (of that time) to use JLC calibers. For example Smiths of Cricklewood London with M1 car clock (cal.208); Sadly I do not have any info regarding swiss made calibers used by Sestrel. I hope that with forum help, I will find the correct answer.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”