JLC CAL. 469 lift angle

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
COYI

JLC CAL. 469 lift angle

Postby COYI » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi,

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me the lift angle for a JLC cal.469.

Thanks,

COYI

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC CAL. 469 lift angle

Postby zafbasha » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:55 am

Should be the same as the caliber 450 which is 45 degrees.

COYI

Postby COYI » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

I've just had the cal. 469 watch serviced but the amplitude (fully wound) is only 210 degrees horizontal face up (165 degrees crown down) and there is a beat error of 2.5ms. The watch is from the late 1940s but I was expecting a better performance. The watchmaker thinks the performance is acceptable for such an old watch. Usually when he services my modern and vintage watches he achieves good results on the timegrapher.

I would be very grateful for your opinion and whether it is reasonable to expect a better outcome. It's a lovely watch so I want to get it running as well as possible.

Thanks once again,

COYI

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:50 pm

210 is acceptable, 165 sounds low. HOWEVER the watch may be in poor condition and a "service" i.e. clean / lube / regulate will not address possible existing wear & tear on the movement train or a balance wheel that is out of true, etc. 2.5ms beat error is a little high as well, but it's time consuming on a watch like this to correct.

So it really depends on what you contracted with the watchmaker, a service or a movement restoration? (Assuming he knows what he's doing).

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”