LeCoultre Futurematic ID, repair and value

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
mmudd

LeCoultre Futurematic ID, repair and value

Postby mmudd » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a Futurematic repaired in the USA? I've not seen another one exactly like mine although some very similar. It keeps great time but you can't set the time with the slide on the back of the watch (in either position) so you have to wind it at the correct time...

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike
Attachments
watch back.JPG
watch.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: LeCoultre Futurematic ID, repair and value

Postby zafbasha » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 am

I repair them all the time, check the repair TAB on the website for rates & information. Thanks.

Rackers

Postby Rackers » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 am

Such a great watch, Mike. It looks very unique. What's the history behind it?

mmudd

Postby mmudd » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:48 am

All I know is that it was my Grandfathers and my Dad gave it to me about 10 years back. He has since passed and the watch was serviced but the service person wasn't able to fix the setting feature so it works well and keeps great time, but you have to wind it at just the right time, so eventually I'd like to get that fixed. Since we all lived in St. Louis, I would imagine it came from somewhere local but not for sure. The only other ones I've seen look identical BUT they have the individual minute hash in between the 5 min markings which mine doesn't have. If you have any info on it, know any type of valuation on it or know someone who can repair that time setting feature, please let me know. At this time I probably can't afford $500+ to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Mike

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”