JlC Futurematic cal. 497 banking stop spring

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Erik Kars

JlC Futurematic cal. 497 banking stop spring

Postby Erik Kars » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello Zaf,

I just bought a Steel Jaeger LeCoultre, case reference E501 with movement 497 and movement serial number 1.068.745.

Although te dial shows pretty much discolouration, the movement looks very clean and well kept. All functions work well and the watch keeps time very well. The rotor moves well, but is quite noisy when bumping against the moment at the end of its arc. It makes a metallic sound when hitting the side of the movement were the L shaped tooth bearing Lever (9528) is mounted. I took the banking stip spring (1472) out. It seemed in good shape, but when I compared the model with the part as described in your book (some years ago I bought nr. 260 out of the 500 signed by you) at page 166, I noticed that the modified piece for cal. 497/1 (as shown on page 167 of your book) was mounted.

Do you know if the modified banking stop spring of cal. 497/1 does fit in a 497 movement? I consider searching for a banking stop spring according to the specifications of cal. 497, however it would be useless if the modified spring also fits the cal. 497.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Erik
Attachments
IMG_0807.JPG
I can not make a picture to he watch, since I took it apart. I enclose pictures to he movement and of the spring that was mounted. I also enclose a picture of the dial I made.
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JlC Futurematic cal. 497 banking stop spring

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 pm

It should be compatible yes!

Erik Kars

Re: JlC Futurematic cal. 497 banking stop spring

Postby Erik Kars » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 am

Thanks for your help Zaf.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”