JLC Memovox Speedbeat

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Zürich_Guy

JLC Memovox Speedbeat

Postby Zürich_Guy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello,

I am new to watch forums, but always have read them to get some info regarding a purchase, I have recently made

Jaeger LeCoultre written on dial
E875 Speedbeat
Circa 1970-1972 (I think)
Blue dials outter and inner , second hand seems white (not sure if original). Two things that I am concerned about, I am not sure if it is far on the bottom, but there is no 'Swiss' or 'Swiss Made' written. I went to my local watch maker, who deals with vintage JLC and he opened the back and the movement is LeCoultre (unfortunately no pictures). I mentioned this to him and he said (in Swiss-German) something to extent of Jaeger & LeCoultre were separate but may have did different parts of a watch. I have read that the the text should match JLC dial, crowns, movement. Watch runs and keeps time (power reserve about 25-30 hours i guess) alarm works,not sure last time it was serviced. What do you think this may go for?

Thank you for any and all info/help

Attached are a few pictures of the watch to help.

Sent from my iPad
Attachments
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC Memovox Speedbeat

Postby zafbasha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 am

On a watch of this era, I would expect T SWISS T at the bottom of the dial. They are sometimes obscured by the case and I can't tell if you dial is repainted or not from the blurry photo. I think it is.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC Memovox Speedbeat

Postby zafbasha » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 am

Based on those photos, the dial looks refinished to me.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”