Jaeger Lecoultre Watch Identification

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Perks

Jaeger Lecoultre Watch Identification

Postby Perks » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:34 am

I've been trying to find some details of a watch that I purchased a little while ago and have come across this forum.

As a hobby I have taught myself watch repair and I get a lot of my watches of eBay. I purchased a collection of 8 watches for what I considered to be cheap at around £500. I have serviced/sold off most of them as I didn't have the room but I was interested in a Jaeger Lecoultre that was in there.

I believe it is a French market watch due to the "Jaeger Fab Suisse" written on the dial and also that a lot of the watches in the collection are, what I think, French based companies. The hairspring wasn't great and was beyond repair for me and I am in the middle of replacing it.

The only issues I have is that I cannot find anything about this watch. I believe it's an 11U movement but only from the photos I have seen and I also have no idea on a model (if the case is even correct) and the date. I've added some photos; I can get more if required.

If anyone could shed some light on the date, if the case is correct or not and also a rough value that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advanced

Chris
Attachments
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

Perks

Re: Jaeger Lecoultre Watch Identification

Postby Perks » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Also on another note, if you do know what this movement is does anyone know where I can get an escape wheel for this?

Thanks,

Chris

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Jaeger Lecoultre Watch Identification

Postby zafbasha » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 am

Escape wheels are very tricky on these as there are variants. You're probably going to have to count the teeth.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”