1940's LeCoultre Rectangular Men's Watch

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
kenlmitchell

1940's LeCoultre Rectangular Men's Watch

Postby kenlmitchell » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:20 pm

First...thank you for hosting this forum. Second...your book is fantastic and the best JLC reference there is. Here's my question. I am looking at an early 1940's LeCoultre Rectangular Men's Watch to buy. It appears to be a cal 413, maybe 424. My question is about the dial. The dial does not have SWISS below the sub seconds. The seller has substantiated it does not have this, and is not just hidden by the crystal or case. Does that indicate a restored dial...or was it possible that in the early 40's some of the dials were not signed SWISS? Thanks much.
Attachments
s-l1600 (5).jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: 1940's LeCoultre Rectangular Men's Watch

Postby zafbasha » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Dial is definitely redone. You can spot that fairly easily by the inconsistent minute markers and overall blurriness of the print.

kenlmitchell

Re: 1940's LeCoultre Rectangular Men's Watch

Postby kenlmitchell » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Thanks much.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”