Resurrecting a 478

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
chipsotoole

Resurrecting a 478

Postby chipsotoole » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Newbie here. I've just picked up a JLC amongst an eBay lot of old watches. It's a mid 50's sword hand mid size stainless steel with a cal 478 movement. Missing however is the second hand and the crown. Does anyone know where I might source these- eBay isn't great with this cal.? what part number should I be looking for? Stem I think I got right and is coming. I have a line on a slightly more modern JL stainless steel crown but it is a 5 mm...Is this too big? The movement otherwise looks to be in good condition and everything seems to work as it should once a revision is done.
Thanks in advance for any replies...

Chipsotoole

chipsotoole

Re: Resurrecting a 478

Postby chipsotoole » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 am

ps. If I can't find an original. What Calibers are compatible with the 478 so I might try and fit a set of similar ones...

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Resurrecting a 478

Postby zafbasha » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:12 pm

You probably will not find that part as a 'loose' part.

Other compatible calibers are any of the sweep second models that start with "4" for example 450, 470, etc.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”