LeCoultre Memovox with fluted bezel - how original?

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
levkov

LeCoultre Memovox with fluted bezel - how original?

Postby levkov » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi Zaf & watch friends,

I'm kindly asking for your help identifying the age / originality of the parts / and in valuation of the following Memovox.

I recently acquired this beauty; I'm relatively new to JLC's, but not to vintage pieces.
Given it's a monoblock case I haven't managed to crack it open.

My best guess (with some help) is it's a ref. E862 while the caliber is 825, however these are only guesses.
I believe the dial is original and not been retouched: the quality and the consistency of the prints, hashes, the lume plots (radium?).
The unsigned crowns also appear to be original, such as the case.
Well, pretty much my only concern is the hands: while the lume seems to be the same shade as the hour marker lume plots, I haven't seen any Memovoxes with syringe hands. I understand that majority of them come with baton or dauphine hands, but not syringe. They don't feel off though, in my opinion they fit the watch perfectly.
I'm very curious how right / wrong I am..?

Many Thanks in advance,
Lev
Attachments
003.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: LeCoultre Memovox with fluted bezel - how original?

Postby zafbasha » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:10 am

It is indeed and E862, which from the examples I have seen, have US made cases, even for the European model.

I normally associate "Baton" hands with this model, so I'm not sure. Anything is possible. You may have to try to dig out another example with the same hand/dial configuration. It's a little atypical.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”