Franken or genuine? Help please.

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
momosono

Franken or genuine? Help please.

Postby momosono » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Today I bought this nice little alarm clock (45 x 45 mm) with unsigned dial for a very moderate amount of money.

On the back is a name though, actually there are two

The inside of the back is signed as well

and so is the movement

and the little leather case has the corresponding logo on it

Everything seems to point in the direction of JLC, but...

The unsigned dial on this one is a single one instead of the usual double one of the Memovox.
And it only has an index instead of the triangle.

So what is it? A Franken? It wouldn't hurt since I didn't pay a lot.
Or is it genuine which would be nice, and in that case could anybody show me pics of genuine other ones like this one?
(I've seen one like this one and with a single dial on Ebay, but to me that doesn't mean it is genuine ;) )

Your help is much appreciated.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Franken or genuine? Help please.

Postby zafbasha » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:00 am

I think it is OK..the only thing is the dial isn't signed, but it might be the way Turler sold it. The rest looks good to me.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”