1930's Reverso

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Osrever

1930's Reverso

Postby Osrever » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:19 am

After years of searching, I've finally managed to find a nice men's 1930's Reverso. However I'm not too sure about the originality of the dial, I suspect it is a repaint from a few decades ago. The crown also isn't original, but I don't think it will be too hard to find a better match for it.

The case looks good to me, matching serial numbers on the back and inside the case, 14 7xx.

The movement is signed LeCoultre (so I guess that should correspond with a LeCoultre dial, shouldn't it?), no caliber reference, it's a 15 jewels centre seconds movement, with serial number 45 1xx

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/Jha7U
I blurred out the last part of the serial numbers in the pictures.

Could you shed some light on this?

Thank you!

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: 1930's Reverso

Postby zafbasha » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:41 am

You can have a LeCoultre movement on a Jaeger-LeCoultre dial in some circa 1937 Reverso, but generally speaking, yes, I'd expect a LeCoultre dial.

Yours is redone anyway, and it doesn't seem to be that great a job, so no hard in re-doing it properly again.

Zaf

Osrever

Postby Osrever » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:35 am

Thank you for your quick reply. Does everything else look fine? What year would you date it to? (I thought 1936).

I'm definitely planning on getting the dial done again, any recommendations as to where I could/should do it? Any ideas what the dial should look like? LeCoultre or Jaeger-LeCoultre signed?

Based on those hands, could this be the correct matching original dial?
http://www.chronomania.net/forum/mix_en ... aorL_ntmko

And this is definitely a long shot, but do you think it's possible to source a matching NOS dial for this one?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:07 pm

I'd say 1935, so it probably had a LeCoultre dial. The model you show as an example is an OK pattern to follow, LeCoultre would be most authentic in my opinion.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”