JLC Triple Date Moonphase Identification

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
chasthos

JLC Triple Date Moonphase Identification

Postby chasthos » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Hello Zaf and JLC collectors,

I recently saw the following JLC Triple Date Moonphase offered for sale in Switzerland. Is this one that was cased and sold by JLC in the 1990s with the movements they still had on hand? The reference numbers on the back of the case do not look like the ones I'm accustomed to from the 40s and 50s. I'm curious also why the dial is signed "Swiss Made" instead of "Swiss" below 6 o'clock. Any idea as to a reasonable price for the model? Thanks in advance for the help!

Charlie
Attachments
JLCMoonphase2.jpg
JLCMoonphase1.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC Triple Date Moonphase Identification

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Not sure why they are Swiss Made, my guess is that they are dials contemporary to the manufacture of the watch itself, not 1950s dials which just had Swiss. Haven't seen one in a while, value is likely in the $6k range.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”