james Dean's LeCoultre watch Information.

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
BerryKean

james Dean's LeCoultre watch Information.

Postby BerryKean » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:38 pm

What is the make, style, and model of this watch that belonged to James Dean.

I have been researching this question for years now, with no information available.
Attachments
IMG_2555.jpg
Dean 1.jpg
Dean 1.jpg (21.51 KiB) Viewed 55766 times
Dean 2.jpg
Dean 2.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 55766 times

BerryKean

Re: james Dean's LeCoultre watch Information.

Postby BerryKean » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:06 am

I forgot to mention that this watch supposedly has an 18K gold case.

If anyone has this specific information please post it here.

Believe me I've been researching this question for years and no one has ever had a clue to the style, model, or any specific information concerning this Dean LeCoultre (circa 1945-1955?) watch. The actual watch is in the Fairmount Historical Society, in Fairmount, Indiana. I have been there—but to no avail They had no other specific information as to the style of watch or exact model. This is exasperating.

Thank you,

Berry Kean

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:43 pm

The inside of the case back MAY have a case reference number and the watch may not actually have a "model name". Is there anything on the insides? You'd need a photo of that.

BerryKean

Postby BerryKean » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:03 pm

I will have to gain permission to get access to the actual watch and check. This could be difficult process, but will give it a try.

Thank you for your help and information.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:13 am

Also, what you want to look for, on eBay are OLD LeCoultre catalogs from the 1950s. That watch may show up in one of those eventually.

BerryKean

Postby BerryKean » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks Zafbasha. :D

Blacky004

Postby Blacky004 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:48 pm

Hi Barry, There is a new article out written in February, just google for it, that has some new pics of the watch in the museum. Worth having a look.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”