Reverso Crown?

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
crasmussen

Reverso Crown?

Postby crasmussen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:51 am

This is related to a hand-wind Reverso. It has always seemed that the crown is quite small and difficult to use for winding this watch. Is this a common issue with Reversos?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Reverso Crown?

Postby zafbasha » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 am

A Reverso of which era?

crasmussen

Postby crasmussen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 am

Not certain of this, but the indication is from around 2000 or so--perhaps 12-15 years old. I have this watch but the case hasn't been opened so I'm not even certain of the movement--may do something about that this week. There is a number on the caseback--serial number? Are there any lists of serial numbers to indicate year of manufacture?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 am

Yes, those were tiny.

I can only date pre-1975 watches.

Ilja

Postby Ilja » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:45 am

Its most likely a Reverso in 'classic' size, on the backside you find serial number and reference number 25x.xxx.xx.
Follow this link to see similar watches: click

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”