French Jaeger (not LeCoultre) quartz

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
useless

French Jaeger (not LeCoultre) quartz

Postby useless » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:50 pm

I've recently been given a quartz Jaeger to take care of by someone in my extended family. He's had it for years and has worn it daily, as evidenced by the scratches and general condition. Still keeps good time though! The watch was bought new in France.
I've been able to find practically nothing online about "Jaeger", only Jaeger-LeCoultre. Given the gent who owns it, I know for sure it's not a fake. So, does anyone on here have any knowledge of this brand, if it's related to JLC (font would suggest it is), or if it has any historical significance at all? Thank you for your help.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: French Jaeger (not LeCoultre) quartz

Postby zafbasha » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 am

Jaeger was typically the name used in FRANCE for watches of this sort and certain chronographes. They operated somewhat independently of JLC Switzerland with some pieces unique to the French market.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”