First Lecoultre Circular Moonphase

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
andy2518

First Lecoultre Circular Moonphase

Postby andy2518 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:13 am

Hi
Does any know the first JLC (or LeCoultre as it would be back then) circular case with a moonphase. I have looked myself believe it was the 1940's 10k gold filled triple date moonphase with the 806/AW rectangular movement just fitted in a circular case?
Jaeger_LeCoultre_Triple_Date_Moonphase_AS01286_A_grande.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: First Lecoultre Circular Moonphase

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:52 pm

It's not the first moonphase movement, the round one is. The rectangular one was made starting 1949, a few years after the round one.

andy2518

Postby andy2518 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 pm

I have seen two watches that look identical to the one I posted, one using the 486 movement and the other a 806/aw movement, is there a difference? So was the first circular moonphase watch the same as the one posted with a different circular movement, or a completely different watch all together?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:35 am

I think the 806 was the evolution of the 486. Off the top of my head, I do not recall the differences. The round movements are typically found in the teardrop case seen here.
Attachments
jlc.jpg

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”