I just inherited this watch

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
krejcik

I just inherited this watch

Postby krejcik » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi,

I found this forum trying to research this watch and am hoping someone can help identify it.

I inherited it from my father, but have no info as to how he came to have it. It is in pretty rough shape and does not currently work. I am attaching pictures to help with identification. There is no picture of the back as it is completely blank with no inscription of any kind.

What I'm really wondering is if it is worth it to try and have it repaired/restored? And the usual question of what its potential value might be.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
-Ed
Attachments
front_lowres.jpg
movement_lowres.jpg
case_lowres.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: I just inherited this watch

Postby zafbasha » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Dates to about 1946, it's gold filled and smallish so value isn't that high.

krejcik

Postby krejcik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:38 pm

OK, thanks for the info. I got excited when I saw one very similar listed on eBay for like $950. Just goes to show that buyers should be educated.

Really makes me wonder about ever buying a watch of any reasonable value on eBay.

Thanks again!!

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:21 am

Well, I guess they can list it at whatever they want...on occasion you'll see an odd result come in like $950, but it's more like a $300-400 watch, running and needing nothing.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”