Retouched dial?

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
tlcrown

Retouched dial?

Postby tlcrown » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 pm

Hello all,

This is more out of curiosity (I've used up my watch purchasing quota for the year already ha).

Has this dial been refinished? The "SWISS" font looks out of place on this dial. I'm no JLC expert so I thought I'd bring this up on this forum.

thanks
Attachments
jlc2.jpeg
jlc.jpeg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Retouched dial?

Postby zafbasha » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:43 am

It looks OK the curvature of the crystal is distorting the print.

tlcrown

Re: Retouched dial?

Postby tlcrown » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Thank you for the input, I see what you mean. Someone lucky nabbed it, I'll continue to be on the lookout for something similar.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”